[spf-discuss] Include tag for hosted services

2007-01-16 12:49:41
I worked for a company that provides on-demand software; we send emails on
behalf of our customers from their corporate emails addresses.

We ask our customers to include our SPF record in theirs by using the
include tag:

"include=hostedService.com" - the problem I am seeing with Enterprise
customers is that they do not want to include our SPF record they prefer to
include the specific IP addresses. This will cause issues if we add another
IP to our mail service and would have to communicate with all our customers
each time, not really ideal.

My question is:

  - Are there any plans/ideas on how to manage SPFrecords that you
  include, e.g. accept changes (adding IP's)
  - Notification if an included domain makes changes?

  - How would I as an email administrator know that some random
  server/IP has been added to the include SPF record?
  - How would I know if the include domain, includes another domain to
  their record?

Thanks,
-Rasmus Mencke