RE: [spf-discuss] SPF basics commentary

2007-01-29 14:34:51
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

People requiring rDNS or worrying about spammers publishing "v=spf1 +all"
are apparently focused on IP reputation rather than domain reputation.
The whole point of the SPF project is to enable domain reputation.

How can I make a true determination of a domain's reputation (and a given
connection's right to benefit from that reputation) unless I can determine
whether that connection is allowed to use that domain?

You can try to isolate domain reputation and IP reputation, but out here in the
real world they're intertwined.

--
Devin L. Ganger, Exchange MVP      Email: deving(_at_)3sharp(_dot_)com
3Sharp LLC                         Phone: 425.882.1032 x1011