Re: [spf-discuss] Softfail when spf-checking mails from this list, max_dns_mx=5

2007-03-14 13:32:48
I have managed to end up being the defacto lipspf2 maintainer for Ubuntu.
If I can get a patch this week I can probably get it into the next release.
 I'm neither a C programmer nor a lipspf2 user, so I need a patch I can
test/package.

Later I will work on pushing it upstream to Debian.

Scott K

So what about the actual library source distribution (not the packaged
version for various OSes), who is managing that....? It would
seem more appropriate to change it there, and then use the new release
in the Ubuntu package....

Also, does the RFC set a limit on the number of
SPF mechanism a record may contain? Libspf2 seems be setting this
to 10, maybe this should be adjusted as well...

I've attached a patch that increases the MX/PTR limit to 10.