Re: [spf-discuss] Softfail when spf-checking mails from this list, max_dns_mx=5

2007-03-14 20:46:03
On Wednesday 14 March 2007 12:05, Thomas Jacob wrote:
I have managed to end up being the defacto lipspf2 maintainer for Ubuntu.
If I can get a patch this week I can probably get it into the next
release. I'm neither a C programmer nor a lipspf2 user, so I need a patch
I can test/package.

Later I will work on pushing it upstream to Debian.

Scott K

So what about the actual library source distribution (not the packaged
version for various OSes), who is managing that....? It would
seem more appropriate to change it there, and then use the new release
in the Ubuntu package....

The maintenance of libspf2 is in transition at the moment.  The original
developer turned maintenance over to someone else.  The someone else had
stopped working on it.  The original developer has said he is going to take
maintenance of the library back, but has not yet done so.  So, at the moment,
there isn't a good way to accomplish that.

Additionally, the Ubuntu release that is currently in development is well past
the upstream version freeze and taking bug fixes only at the moment, so with
the patch, I should be able to get that fielded relatively quickly.

Thank you for your contribution.  The patch looks quite reasonable.  I'll see
what I can do to get it included.

Scott K