[spf-discuss] Re: Test suite update

2007-03-17 14:47:11
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

http://www.openspf.org/svn/project/test-suite/rfc4408-tests.yml

Looking for the weird a:%{h} stuff I think it's not yet completely
covered under the "macro expansion rules".

Test hello-domain-literal covers an upper case %{H}, please correct
me if I get that wrong:  The result is FAIL because whatever the
URL expansion of "[192.168.218.40]" might be, it's certainly no
FQDN, let alone a host with IP 192.168.218.40.

I think you need a similar case with an ordinary lower case %{h},
here's a proposal copying what you have:

  hello-domain-literal-2:
    spec: 8.1/2
      HELO is a domain literal reflecting the IP of the client
    helo: "[192.168.218.40]"
    host: 192.168.218.40
    mailfrom: test(_at_)e11(_dot_)example(_dot_)com
    result: fail
  hello-museum-1:
    spec: 4.8/1
      TLDs can be hosts and SPF does not check SMTP syntax errors
    helo: test
    host: 192.168.218.40
    mailfrom: test(_at_)e11(_dot_)exampe(_dot_)com
    result: pass
  hello-museum-2:
    spec: 4.8/1
      TLDs can be hosts and SPF does not check SMTP syntax errors
    helo: "test."
    host: 192.168.218.40
    mailfrom: test(_at_)e11(_dot_)exampe(_dot_)com
    result: pass

zonedata:
    e11.example.com:
      - SPF: v=spf1 a:%{h} -all
    test:
      - A: 192.168.218.40

I hope you get the idea, I can't tell if "test." must be, may be,
or must not be quoted.

Frank