Re: [spf-discuss] Phishing passing thru spf = not useful to me.

2007-04-20 09:20:42
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:

No, but I think we are getting close.  I think that Stuart's discussion about
combinging reputation with SPF is a strong point in the correct direction.

I have a working product based on sendmail, pymilter, pysrs, pyspf, pygossip,
pydspam.  It is all config file based (no web UI), but very effective.
http://pymilter.sf.net

That has been proposed.  In my opionion there is too much momentum behind
SMTP to stop and redesign it.  If this does happen it's going to be some
other non-email protocol that just eats smtp's lunch.  Maybe some kind of
RSS/Jabber something.  I don't know.

My money is on Jabber.  But you'll still need a reputation system for
jabber domains.  You'll notice that widely used IM systems have some
sort of reputation.  For instance, AIM provides "Warn" and "Block" buttons.