Re: [spf-discuss] Postfix policy daemon woes (perl)

2007-09-17 12:51:56
On Monday 17 September 2007 11:53, John A. Martin wrote:
Seen after Debian package upgrade perl-modules 5.8.8-7 -> 5.8.8-8:

Sep 17 08:25:26 HHH postfix/spawn[27585]: warning: command
  /usr/bin/perl exit status 2
Sep 17 08:25:26 HHH postfix/smtpd[25653]: warning: premature
  end-of-input on private/policy-spf while reading input attribute name
Sep 17 08:25:27 HHH postfix/smtpd[25653]: warning: problem talking to
  server private/policy-spf: Connection reset by peer
Sep 17 08:25:27 HHH postfix/smtpd[25653]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
  REDACTED: 451 4.3.5 Server configuration problem; from=<REDACTED>
  to=<REDACTED> proto=SMTP helo=<REDACTED>

Any suggestions other than to revert the perl-modules package?

(Or do the use the Python policy daemon instead.)

        jam

I'm not sure what to tell you.  Ubuntu is still based on -7, so I'm not really
in a position to troubleshoot this.  Looking at the debian/changelog the only
thing that looks suspicious is the bump to GCC 4.2 (i.e. something is broken
in Perl), although it looks like the Ubuntu -7 is built against GCC 4.2.

The Python policy server is more feature complete at this point and so might
be worth a try.  The current release allows you to call it more than once
with different config files to do separate HELO/Mail From checks with a
header prepended for each.  The next update I'm working on will support
returning a bare SPF result that should support without any source hacking
your restriction class processing.

Scott K