Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Upcoming new test-suite release

2007-12-07 19:48:12
On Sat, 8 Dec 2007, Julian Mehnle wrote:

I never understood it that way.  Where do you get that from?
(<http://www.openspf.org/Test_Suite/Schema> doesn't say it must be a
one-liner.  It merely says it should not be longer than one or two
sentences, which my attempt isn't.)

Literally, you are correct.  In George MacDonalds "The Lost Princess",
there is a single sentence in the first paragraph that goes on for
the rest of the page.  That would pass literal muster also.
If it will help to say "lines" instead of "sentences", I'll change
the informal Schema.

Then, given that "<64chars>.bar" is a valid <domain-spec>, what's the
point in having the indirection via some macro, if what we want to test
is just the handling of malformed (but syntax-valid) domain names?

Because the behaviour may be different?  It could easily be a different
code path in an implementation.  You are very good with improving the
explanations, but you really don't seem to get the value of testing
for all the stupid things we can think of.  It is a big help to someone
creating an implementation.