[spf-discuss] Re: advice wrong, or is it?

2007-12-22 13:35:08
Julian Mehnle wrote:

recommending "~all" over "-all" is a bad idea.

It's okay for the audience of this FAQ, "we" also recommend
"~all" for beginners and testing.  IMO the Google FAQ isn't
the place to explain SMTP / DNS / SPF details.

| making it hard to forge From: addresses.

There's no way to protect the "From:" address via SPF, not
even via Sender ID / PRA.

They obviously mean the MAIL FROM, talking to an audience
with absolutely no clue about 2821 vs. 2822 From differences.

If I had one free wish wrt Gmail it would be "publish FAIL",
not "update your FAQ with SPF FAIL or SMTP MAIL FROM details".

 Frank