Re: [spf-discuss] Last Call!!! Mail System Terminology

2008-01-24 17:23:35
Dave,

At 04:25 PM 1/24/2008, you wrote:
.. snip ..
How about "Open Forwarders must be banned". That way we can avoid the ambiguous term "relay" entirely. I tend to think of a "relay" as a machine, and the entities we are talking about are Agents.

I've made that change at http://open-mail.org/MHSmodel.html. I will snapshot that page, and post it in the Mail System Terminology thread. Thanks to all who contributed, both on and off list.

-- Dave

Yes. That works very well. I also liked the consistency you put in the forwarding titles in this revision.

FWIW, the term "open relay" is a historical term of art, however I think the way you have things described now makes it less ambiguous for everyone. Great job Dave!

Best,

AlanM
The Commerce Company
TZ.Com - Travel Zippy