Re: [spf-discuss] Re: [spf-devel] New libspf2 release

2008-10-16 14:24:06
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Scott Kitterman wrote:

I think the presence of special processing for localhost is a anachronism
that should be deprecated and eventually removed.  There is nothing in RFC
4408 that says to give special treatment for localhost addresses.

We removed the equivalent from pyspf two or three years ago and the
released Mail::SPF never supported it.

You can reuse the SPF machinery for recognizing local addresses if the
SPF library supports passing a policy without looking it up (as does pyspf).
At connect, pass a policy like "v=spf1 ip4:127.0.0.0/8 ip4:192.168.0.0/16"
and treat the connection as "local" on a Pass (and skip normal SPF
checking).  The "local" policy should be configurable.  You could
also reject on fail for the local policy for a consistent and configurable
blacklist (e.g. use -exists: on selected ip blacklists).