Re: [spf-discuss] SPF on HELO - take 2

2009-01-09 11:46:13
At 04:04 PM 1/9/2009 +0100, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
Don Lee wrote:
CSV and David's _auth mechanisms do that check with much less effort and
more reliability than SPF --those mechanisms provide for denying an IP to
send mail for a given domain.
Can you explain?  What is "CSV and David's _auth"?

Two methods designed for establishing who is authorized to relay mail in a
hierarchically authoritative fashion, i.e. using DNS "properly" (as opposed to
DNSBL non-hierarchical scheme.)

For more info, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_Server_Validation
http://open-mail.org/Registry.html

_auth is not a method.  It is the name of the DNS TXT record a domain owner can
publish to assert control of his Registry record.  As much as I would like to
invent yet another authentication method, I have resisted that temptation.  We
use PTR, SPF, and CSV. DKIM is coming soon.

-- Dave