Re: [spf-discuss] Proposed helo mechanism example

2009-07-15 14:28:52
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, alan wrote:

show me one possible exception that would pass this rule and fail yours {or
vice versa}

if you can't then admit the fact the two i have sent {though the latter}
v=spf1 a:{h4r}.smtp.example.com -all

is much more compact and simple to achieve identical results

I think you are right.  The above does not validate HELO, but achieves
pass/fail in the desired situations, which is good enough for the
purpose of validating MTAs by HELO naming convention.

Ok, so can the proposed HELO mechanism.  While I can come up with
scenarios where that trick won't work, they would be rather contrived.

I'll go back to proposing a "not" prefix for mechanisms so I don't have
to use convoluted -include:... constructs.