xsl-list

RE: RE: Expected behavior for parsed source containing xsl?

2002-10-09 09:25:47

There are XSLT processors written in languages other than Java, so you
can't assume JAXP is available.  From the code snippet provided, I'm
guessing he's trying to implement the abstract base classes for Xalan-C's
source tree.

I believe the correct answer is that there is no reason to "interpret" any
elements in the source document in any special way, just because they
happen to be in the XSLT namespace.  For example, transforming a
stylesheet, or a document with fragments of a stylesheet, or an embedded
stylesheet, would not work if you did.

If this is really a question about Xalan-C, one of Xalan's mailing lists
would probably be a better place to ask a question like this.  See:

   http://xml.apache.org/mail.html

Dave

                      "Michael Kay"

                      <michael(_dot_)h(_dot_)kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)co
To:      <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>

                      m>                                 cc:
<Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com>, (bcc: David N
Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      Sent by:                           Subject: RE: RE: [xsl]
Expected behavior for parsed source containing xsl?
                      owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulbe

                      rrytech.com

                      10/09/2002 03:32 AM

                      Please respond to xsl-list

You seem to be re-inventing the JAXP 1.1 API. What are you doing that
JAXP doesn't do?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com