xsl-list

Re: string processing

2002-11-22 04:42:18

--- Mclean, Patrick  wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to work out how to tokenizer two separate strings and then
compare their tokens using xslt.  Does anyone have a solution to this
problem?  It seems reasonably straight forward in java but not so
with
xslt.
Also it seems strange that the name() function only returns the first
node in the node set.  If I am selecting a particular named group of
elements within an xml document that contain different elements and I
don't know what this elements are in advance is there any way of
returning all their names as a string?

Use the str-split-to-words template (import str-split-to-words.xsl)
from FXSL.

You can also read a brief description of the ideas lying behind this
folding-over-a-list-of-chars algorithm at:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/2001-11/msg00901.html

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.