xsl-list

RE: ToolBar.htc, xml & xsl, toolbar not loading

2002-11-13 03:21:15

Does anyone know of any lists specifically for the new htc controls,
Toolbar in particular, Im working on a toolbar for a client
interface(all in jscript, xml & xsl) and this is the last UI piece that
I have to do but, being the last one it would have to be a pig. The
code
bellow is generated by an xsl transformation on an xml file sent from
the server,

I'm thinking probably one of the internet explorer newsgroups would have
more information about htc's
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

and then expand the menu to web development/internet
explorer/IE5.5/windows.inetexplorer.ie55.programming.dhtml.behaviors
seems like a good bet

I would like to
be able to generate any changes for the interface from the xml & xsl
files Only, ie no recoding javascript functions, so I would like to
keep
the final toolbar definition in the xsl file(then I could change the
structure of the toolbar at a later stage without too much hassle, i.e.
use another form of toolbar instead of the toolbar.htc)

well it's been more than a year since I've used any htc's or similar
technology. But from what I remember the theory was that a htc would
enscapulate some basic functionality that could be called by a
developer, i.e  a designer on the third tier without needing to know how
the javascript behind the scenes was interpreting it.
Many of the advantages offered by using a htc are better achieved using
xml/xslt, in my experience, perhaps it would be better to say what it is
you hope to achieve with this toolbar and then ask how you can achieve
something like this.

As a general rule this list probably responds best to examples of xml, a
required output, and perhaps a problem statement.