xsl-list

Re: Finding list items in XHTML

2002-11-14 16:13:44
Chris,

At 04:39 PM 11/14/2002, you wrote:
I gather from Michael Kay's book that I can also use modes to bring my three passes into a single stylesheet -- right now I've got three separate stylesheets and I've wrapped the whole procedure into a Perl script. I may want the Perl wrapper anyway so I can catch some errors for people who run the script later on, so that's OK, but another day I'll no doubt want to explore using modes
more elegantly.

Modes, yes; but I bet you'll also find that keys are a great help when you turn to combining the grouping logic into a single stylesheet.

Keys are fun, too, and in this case they'll save you having to do that recursive step-forward thing. (Though there are undoubtedly readers of this list who think even that's fun. ;-)

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez