xsl-list

RE: Output of One Transformation As Input to Another

2002-11-06 13:10:18
Thank you. You were correct. How would I re-write the code below to work
with SAX? Is SAX faster than DOM?

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Tkachenko [mailto:olegt(_at_)multiconn(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 12:15 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Output of One Transformation As Input to Another

Schwartz, Rechell R, ALCAS wrote:

I am getting an error intrying to take the output of one
transformation as
input to another. Following is my code. Any assistance would be
greatly
appreciated. The error message I get is "Can't have more than one root
in a
DOM!"

Probably your stylesheet produces ill-formed document with more than 1
root
element, transform to a stream and inspect the result.

 try {
            TransformerFactory tFactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();
                      String xsl = "/stylesheets/data.xsl";
                      Transformer transformer =
tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(getClass().getResourceAsStream(xsl)));
                      DOMResult domResult = new DOMResult();
                      transformer.transform(new StreamSource(new
StringReader(hand.detailresult)), domResult);
                      Document document =
(Document)domResult.getNode();
                      xsl = "/stylesheets/format.xsl";
                      transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(getClass().getResourceAsStream(xsl)));
                      transformer.transform(new DOMSource(document),
new StreamResult(out));
            } catch (Exception e) {
                   e.printStackTrace();
      }

PS. What that DOM object is need here for? SAX could be more effective
here.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team