xsl-list

Re: Output of One Transformation As Input to Another

2002-11-06 13:09:56
Hi Schwatz,

Can you send the XSL and initial XML that produces the intermediate result.
Or print the intermediate output to screen and see the result.

Ritu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Schwartz, Rechell R, ALCAS" <rrschwartz(_at_)att(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 10:25 AM
Subject: [xsl] Output of One Transformation As Input to Another

All,

I am getting an error intrying to take the output of one transformation as
input to another. Following is my code. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated. The error message I get is "Can't have more than one root in a
DOM!"

 try {
            TransformerFactory tFactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();
String xsl = "/stylesheets/data.xsl";
Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(getClass().getResourceAsStream(xsl)));
DOMResult domResult = new DOMResult();
transformer.transform(new StreamSource(new
StringReader(hand.detailresult)), domResult);
Document document = (Document)domResult.getNode();
xsl = "/stylesheets/format.xsl";
transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(getClass().getResourceAsStream(xsl)));
transformer.transform(new DOMSource(document), new StreamResult(out));
      } catch (Exception e) {
     e.printStackTrace();
}

Thanks,