xsl-list

Re: Output of One Transformation As Input to Another

2002-11-06 10:15:08
Schwartz, Rechell R, ALCAS wrote:

I am getting an error intrying to take the output of one transformation as input to another. Following is my code. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The error message I get is "Can't have more than one root in a DOM!"

Probably your stylesheet produces ill-formed document with more than 1 root element, transform to a stream and inspect the result.

 try {
                        String xsl = "/stylesheets/data.xsl";
Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new StreamSource(getClass().getResourceAsStream(xsl)));
                        DOMResult domResult = new DOMResult();
transformer.transform(new StreamSource(new StringReader(hand.detailresult)), domResult);
                        Document document = (Document)domResult.getNode();
                        xsl = "/stylesheets/format.xsl";
transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new StreamSource(getClass().getResourceAsStream(xsl)));
                        transformer.transform(new DOMSource(document), new
StreamResult(out));
              } catch (Exception e) {
                     e.printStackTrace();
        }

PS. What that DOM object is need here for? SAX could be more effective here.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team