xsl-list

RE: keeping source element after template applied?

2002-12-03 15:45:32

Do you mean you want to do something beyond what the xsl:template and
xsl:apply-template's "mode" attribute provides?

Chuck White
-------------------------
Author, Mastering XSLT, Sybex Books
Co-Author, Mastering XML Premium Edition, Sybex Books
http://www.javertising.com/webtech/
http://www.tumeric.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Del [mailto:leinfidel(_at_)netscape(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 2:41 PM
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] keeping source element after template applied?

Hi,

I have a document in which I'd like some elements to remain intact,
after
I've applied a transformation template to them.

The reason is that there's more than transformation that has to be
made,
by other matching templates, to this element before it can be removed.

I want to do:

xsl template match="myElement"
do one complex thing

xsl template match="myElement"
do another complex thing, and let element be removed

I'm not seeing any provision for this, is there a way to do so?

thanks
Kevin

p.s.
If you want to know why i need to do this, it's because when served to
the
device, the elements can be followed down more than one path.

The source doc is served to a engineering device, the paths down the
doc
are determined by user choices.

So this can be documented, but I need to apply more than one
transformation to the elements that are at the start of the choice
paths.