xsl-list

Re: xsl:attribute problem

2002-12-02 08:35:06

Without seeing the source xml or the stylesheet that produced that
output I could only guess at what is happening...

...and I would guess that you have some presentational whitespace
creeping in from the template that produces it, something like:

<a>
   <xsl:attribute name="href">
      mailto:
   <xsl:apply-templates select="email"/>
   </xsl:attribute>

Which means there are a number of ways to solve this, with the best
being:

<a>
   <xsl:attribute name="href">
     <xsl:text/>mailto:<xsl:apply-templates select="email"/>
   </xsl:attribute>

It would be easier if I didnt have to guess though - others simply wont
reply to an underspecified question.

cheers
andrew

Hi Andrew,
sorry for any inconvenience:
I could solve it now like that
.
.
.
<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
.
.
.
<xsl:template match='script'>
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;?</xsl:text><xsl:value-of
select='./@language'/><xsl:text> </xsl:text><xsl:value-of
select='.'/><xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">?&gt;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>
..
With xsl:strip-space I get rid of the spaces....
Thnaks a lot for your help.
Regards,
Jens