xsl-list

Re: xsl:attribute problem

2002-12-02 06:56:33
Am Montag, 2. Dezember 2002 13:06 schrieb Michael Kay:
The output you are trying to achieve is not well-formed HTML, so the
only way you can construct it with the HTML output method is to use
disable-output-escaping.

The <?---?> thing is not a processing instruction (because PIs can't
occur inside attributes); if it were a PI, you would create it using
xsl:processing-instruction, not xsl:pi.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

Thanks Michael.
Yes, but how can I do it then?

I think that should be a kind of standard problem. If something like that is
not possible, then XSLT looses some of it's power.
And don't misunderstand me, I don't want I quick "workaround solution".
I am actually looking for something which suits to the XSLT specification...
I know that stuff like href="<?php echo $test?>" or href="<%= test%>" is
actually not nice, but there is no other way to do it...
Regards,
Jens