xsl-list

Re: how to "save" a context?

2003-01-14 15:55:38
S Woodside wrote:
Fortunately, I only want to serialize an XPath expression, not the XML
subtree. I think Dimitre's code does that.

Yep. That'll work.

Deserializing an XML string back into a node-set will definitely
require an
extension function, because you need to run it through a real XML
parser and
construct whatever DOM-like structure the vendor's implementation
requires.

But if it's just an XPath expression ...?

Check your XSLT processor's docs for an extension function like
EXSLT's dyn:evaluate() [1], saxon:evaluate() [2], etc.

[1] http://exslt.org/dyn/functions/evaluate/index.html
[2] http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.2/extensions.html#evaluate

Mike

--