xsl-list

Re: how to "save" a context?

2003-01-14 14:38:40
Thanks Dimitre. I haven't tried it yet but it looks most helpful :)

simon

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 03:10  PM, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

"S Woodside" <sbwoodside(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote in message
Gah! It's huge!

Seriously it looks like this will generate a string that, when
assigned
to a variable, and selected upon, will act as the correct XPath. Is
that right?

Yes, actually this snippet processes a nodeset of nodes and generates a
set of strings (XPath expressions) for each of them. You can simplify
it a bit to work only on a single node (get rid of the outermost
xsl:for-each).

It has:  <xsl:value-of select="msxsl:node-set($theResult)"/>

Does it require MSxml? Can I turn $theResult (which is a string,
right?) into an XPath expression I can use in a select statement,
without needing MSXML?

Actually, the xxx:node-set extension function is not required.

Just get rid of it and the msxsl namespace, too.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

---
     anti-spam: do not post this address publicly
www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel