xsl-list

Re: Beginner: adding xmlns:mml attribute

2003-01-09 06:37:13
Hi Daniel,

  I'm also surprized that Saxon indents HTML output by default in the
absence of an xsl:output directive asking for such a transformation.

Concerning the html output method, the XSLT Rec. says:

  If the indent attribute has the value yes, then the html output
  method may add or remove whitespace as it outputs the result tree,
  so long as it does not change how an HTML user agent would render
  the output. The default value is yes.

So I think that it's legal for Saxon to add indentation at this top
level; of course it's also legal not to.

Last point is that when using the HTML output method, using
xsl:processing-instruction is NOT equivalent to what Roel Vanhout
was specifying, the spec says that the HTML serialization should
terminate PI with '>' and not '?>' as the CDATA section suggested.

Good point.

Cheers,

Jeni

---