xsl-list

RE: RE: How to implement an array

2003-02-12 12:20:34
You used the following in your solution:

      <xsl:for-each
select="table/col[count(.|key('union',
@month)[1])
=
1]">

Can you elaborate on how this works. I gather it
selects a unique occurence of the month attribute
from
all the elements. How do you do this if month was
element instead of attribute? Just by omitting the
'@'?

Charles, thanks for your input on this as well.
Since
the solution originally came from you, I should have
directed this question to you. Sorry for not
following
the messages in order.

Can you explain the use of the above select
statement?
Is 'union' a key word? And can you interchange it
with
the symbol '|'?

I took another look at Charles solution and found the
explanation for the word 'union' (it's a key):
  <xsl:key name="union" match="group/table/col"
use="@month" />

So the 'select' statement now makes sense. Sorry for
posting unnecessarily.

I am now posed with another challenge. How do I use an
external lookup table to define the column headings?
E.g. Jan, Feb, Mar,...,Dec. Any pointers would be
appreciated.

Imrran