xsl-list

RE: RE: How to implement an array

2003-02-12 11:30:51
You used the following in your solution:

      <xsl:for-each
select="table/col[count(.|key('union', @month)[1])
=
1]">

Can you elaborate on how this works. I gather it
selects a unique occurence of the month attribute
from
all the elements. How do you do this if month was
element instead of attribute? Just by omitting the
'@'?

Charles, thanks for your input on this as well. Since
the solution originally came from you, I should have
directed this question to you. Sorry for not following
the messages in order.

Can you explain the use of the above select statement?
Is 'union' a key word? And can you interchange it with
the symbol '|'?

Imrran

Mhs>I believe you have the above correct.  Its sort
of like a "SELECT
DISTINCT".
</Mhs

Also, how does 'generate-id' work? Is it a built-in
xsl function?

Mhs> Check out this link:

http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTreference/Output/function_generate-id.html

http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTreference/Output/index.html
I really recommend checking out zvon.org if you are
just starting out.  It
really brought me up to speed very quickly.
</Mhs

 XSL-List info and archive: