xsl-list

RE: Problems copying elements recursively.

2003-02-09 15:24:58
I got one step closer to solution of displaying the
raw xml. However the problem is the indenting. I need
to indent children for proper display under their
parents. I am thinking of storing the number of spaces
for a single indent in a variable and concatenate more
spaces to that string as each node is tested for
children.

You are thinking procedurally, not functionally. You can't modify
variables in XSLT.

Just calculate the number of spaces to indent as

count(ancestor::*) * $indent

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com