xsl-list

RE: N : M transformation

2003-02-03 09:23:46
Can you estimate the timeframe for XSLT 2.0 to become a
recommendation,

That depends largely on the number of comments we have to deal with when we get
to the "last call" stage, which is outside the WG's control. But we certainly
hope to have a Candidate Rec this year. Getting to full Rec status has become
increasingly burdensome, it now requires interoperability testing; so that will
take a little longer.

and for Saxon's implementation of it to become stable? ("production
level quality")

I never make forecasts for Saxon, they would only be wrong. And writing code
gets me there faster than writing plans.

I don't generally make claims for a particular quality level, either, though
I'm prepared to summarize what the field experience of a particular release
appears to be. For example, 6.5.2 is down to about one new bug per month, and
they are mostly pretty trivial.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com