xsl-list

Re: namespace problem with DOM parsed stylesheets

2003-03-31 06:32:01
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:

Michael Pediaditakis wrote:

I have a proble in processing stylesheets that have been pre-parsed to DOM trees.
Specifically, think of an xslt portion such as:

1<xsl:stylesheet  xmlns:n = "uri:aNamespace" ...>
2   <xsl:template match="n:anElement">
3          <n:anotherElement>
4           </n:anotherElement>
5   </xsl:template>
6 </xsl:stylesheet>

When this is parsed, the prefix information is lost in the DOM tree (or at least is not directly accessible - DOM-2). When I try to apply this stylesheet (xalan), it complains that "n" is not associate to a namespace in line 2.

afaik, namespace support in DOM is optional. Are sure your DOM object is namespace-aware? See http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/dist/1.1/docs/api/javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory.html#setNamespaceAware(boolean)

It is, since the namespaces are parsed normally (e.g. when I call getNamespaceURI for e.g. element in line 3 i get the "uri:aNamespace". However, the namespace prefixes in attributes are a totally different thing. I think there is a "resolve" DOM method in DOM-3 which maps from namespace prefixes to namespaces URIs.. but most DOM implementations (as well the XSL-T transformer) do not support this)