xsl-list

namespace problem with DOM parsed stylesheets

2003-03-31 05:41:09
Hello,

I have a proble in processing stylesheets that have been pre-parsed to DOM trees.
Specifically, think of an xslt portion such as:

1<xsl:stylesheet  xmlns:n = "uri:aNamespace" ...>
2   <xsl:template match="n:anElement">
3          <n:anotherElement>
4           </n:anotherElement>
5   </xsl:template>
6 </xsl:stylesheet>

When this is parsed, the prefix information is lost in the DOM tree (or at least is not directly accessible - DOM-2). When I try to apply this stylesheet (xalan), it complains that "n" is not associate to a namespace in line 2. Of course processing of other elements as in line 3 is ok since the namespace resolution has been performed already. It's the namespace prefixes withing attributes that cause the problem.

Is there any way to work arroun this? (e.g. specify the namespace separately or something?)... ...moreover, is there any way that I can customize that (maybe by preprocessing the stylesheet with another stylesheet) that I can use normal stylesheets (such as the one above) without the need
to modify them?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.