xsl-list

Re: Javascript embedded in PDF with FOP possible?

2003-03-31 06:36:19

From what I remember of the subject, which it's quite a while since I
looked at it, you can't do this with any of the well-known FO
processors, the only chance I would think you would have is with Adobe's
and then using an extension function of course.

It would be easy to do this in xmltex (passivetex) as the underlying
pdflatex system supports access to writing javascript functions in the
resulting pdf. You'd just need to define an extension element, and add
an xmltex template mapping that element to the appropriate commands.
typing "pdflatex javascript" into google turned up this which might form a
starting point on the TeX side.

http://www.tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2001-September/001607.html

David