xsl-list

RE: Javascript embedded in PDF with FOP possible?

2003-03-31 03:09:05
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, bryan wrote:

XSL-FO Rec doesn't support this, hence FOP too. I believe it could be
implemented as XSL-FO extension though.

The newest fop (not sure if the earlier did this) imports bsf.jar, any
idea why that's being used?

At least apache says:

http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensions.html#supported-lang

Extensions written in Java are directly supported by Xalan-Java. For
extensions written in languages other than Java, Xalan-Java uses the Bean
Scripting Framework (BSF), an architecture for incorporating scripting
into Java applications and applets. BSF allows an application to take
advantage of scripting while being independent of any specific scripting
language. To date, we have tested extensions implemented in JavaScript.
Other languages with BSF support appear in the table below.

BSF requires bsf.jar on the classpath. This JAR file is shipped with
Xalan-Java and is required only if you have extensions written in
languages other than Java. The additional JAR files or DLLs required to
support extensions written in other languages are listed in the table
below. These files are available from the sources indicated and are not
shipped with Xalan-Java.

Cheers,
Jarkko

Jarkko Moilanen          "Erehtyminen on inhimillista,
Researcher                mutta todella suuret mokat
jm60697(_at_)uta(_dot_)fi            vaativat tietokoneen käyttöä."
www.uta.fi/~jm60697
GSM: +358 50 3766 927
* ITCM | Information Technology and Crisis Management
* http://www.itcm.org