xsl-list

RE: Adding structure to text nodes

2003-03-20 00:53:15
why wouldn't you *focus* your attention on the source
(above), rather than the processor(XSLT)?

I know what you mean. But these source XML files are already existing for a
long time.
We get data of a lot of people, and it is not possible to say ... hey we
have changed our
XML format, so please change all your xml files. We probably going to add
some optional tags,
which allows us to make the long content as we want. But we can only do this
for the new
XML files we receive and backwards compatibility is a must. So we can only
make these tags
optional. But the biggest problem are the old files that already exist. I
can adapt them
manually, but adapting hundreds of xml files ... I, really don't look
forward do that.
But I get your point, only it's not always possible to just change the
source.

Kind regards,
Ismaël