xsl-list

getting xml file info

2003-04-29 11:16:09
Hi all,

A while back, I wrote an XSLT that uses the saxon
extension function system-id() to get the file path
info of the xml file that I am parsing. I take that
info and parse out the file name, folder and extension
and it works beautifully.

Now, I am looking to expand on that XSLT and make it
more generic (can you tell I have been looking at
EXSLT?) so that others across my organization can use
it. Therefore, I would like to include support for
other parsers.

I searched today and could not find an extension
function for MSXML, Xalan or XT that gets the path
info of the file being parsed. Do these exist? If not,
how else could I get this information? If they do not
exist natively in the parsers, am I looking at having
to either write my own extension function to do this
or pass the info in from the XML file (which kind of
defeats the purpose)?

Thanks,

--Nate