xsl-list

RE: XSLT In the Build Process?

2003-05-15 07:18:02
[ Steve Ball]
Going further, when one combines XSLT with a dynamic, interpreted
scripting language (Tcl, Python, Perl, etc) it is possible to not
only use XSLT to generate code but to evaluate that code on-the-fly
as part of the runtime application.  One of my currently projects
is a GUI XML editor that is implemented mostly as XSLT stylesheets,
using Tcl/Tk as "glue" between the stylesheets and the UI.

Good old eval() - gotta love it!  My topic map engine loads a topic map
in the form of javascript code, then runs eval() on the code to build
the map in the engine.

Cheers,

Tom P