xsl-list

Re: XSLT In the Build Process?

2003-05-09 13:36:48
Mitch Amiano wrote:
I've observed a team of developers using XSLT as a
build tool to
generate C++ code.... They modelled various aspects
of the problem domain
using XML, and used XSLT templates to pump out C++.

Anyone else have experience long-term
applying a similar approach?

Yes, me. Actually we model EAI interfaces in a
customized
XML vocabulary and generate IDL, C++ code, DTDs, Java
code
as well as HTML and PDF documentation (online, using
Cocoon).
Works great. The main advantages for us:
- The docs are guaranteed to describe what is in the

I have used XML + XSLT = SQL on several projects to
allow for webservice type database control. Works well.

http://treebeard.sourceforge.net
http://ashpool.sourceforge.net