xsl-list

Re: XSLT In the Build Process?

2003-05-09 13:21:33
Mitch Amiano wrote:
I've observed a team of developers using XSLT as a build tool to generate C++ code.... They modelled various aspects of the problem domain
using XML, and used XSLT templates to pump out C++.

Anyone else have experience long-term applying a similar approach?

Yes, me. Actually we model EAI interfaces in a customized
XML vocabulary and generate IDL, C++ code, DTDs, Java code
as well as HTML and PDF documentation (online, using Cocoon).
Works great. The main advantages for us:
- The docs are guaranteed to describe what is in the code.
- A new interface mechanism, lets say web services, requires
  only to write a relatively small set of transformations to
  generate the variable adapter code and some libraries. We
  cranked out a Siebel adapter in less than a week.
We are using this since more than three years now.

J.Pietschmann