xsl-list

RE: XPath and root-less namespace problem

2003-05-15 00:53:50
See <http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#node-tests>

  "--except that the default namespace declared with xmlns is not used--"

Thus

  //x:definitions/x:service/x:port[(_at_)name='IZPOP3service']/*/@location

with ns-prefix x bound to URL http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/ will work.

After seeing through some of the FAQs, I understand that this is how to do
it.  However, I do not known of a code snippet on the Internet that shows
how to do this programmatically with either a DOMParser or
DocumentBuilderFactory.  And yes, I've looked VERY hard.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, and if I can get it answered,
I know it will help lots of other people out there with the same problem.
This is the only logical place I can think of asking.

Thanks in advance!
-- Kenji