xsl-list

RE: evaluate

2003-06-25 01:30:37
You might find some of the ideas on the FAQ page
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N6077.html

useful.

I've no idea what evaluate does in PHP, from your description it seems
to be the inverse of the xx:evaluate extension in products such as Xalan
and Saxon.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Michael Paffrath
Sent: 24 June 2003 22:10
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: AW: [xsl] evaluate

hi michael,

i still dont have a solution, so i try do explain it once
again to you.

Start at the beginning. What is your input, and what is
your desired
output, and how do they relate to each other? Usually I then ask
people to show us their code, so that we can see where they
are having
problems. But it seems your code is not likely to be a good
place to
start.
i have a xml-document (a) with several 'group' nodes. each
node has an element 'ID'. what i want to do is get an
xPointer of a 'group' node in another xml-document (b) having
the same value of the attribut 'ID'.

(a) the title of your email is called "evaluate". Has this got
anything to do with your problem, and if so what?
the title is 'evaluate' cause in php i would write it like this:

$result = $langHandler->evaluate( "//*[(_at_)name = 'whatEver']"
); $result is an array with all XPointers ...

regards,

michael paffrath