xsl-list

RE: xsl:number problem

2003-06-20 10:39:13
  After I changed to <xsl:number level="any"
count="productId[publisher='NETg' or publisher='Wave']"/>  or
  <xsl:number level="any" count="//productId[publisher='NETg'
or publisher='Wave']"/>

Clearly the second expression starting with // will always
give the same value as it always counts all the nodes in the
document, since it starts with / it does not depend on the
current node at all.

The first expression will return different values depending
on the current node.

You're confusing me, David. The count attribute is not an expression, it
is a pattern. xsl:number depends implicitly on the current node.

Michael Kay