xsl-list

Re: doctype declaration and msxmldom

2003-06-20 09:43:45

Okay.  Then shouldn't Dan's DOCTYPE declaration work?  You can declare
ISO entities in a DTD.  Or is it just an MSXML problem?

XML parsers are either validating or not validating, MS parsers have a
switch usually something like (depending on host language)
abc.validateOnParse = false;
sometimes I think they are set up to default to validating if there is a
doctype and not validating otherwise, in which case you just need to
make sure you explictly set this flag to false.

For those of you who suggested the 'encoding="iso-8859-1"' the problem is
that I have "Montrél" in my XML NOT "Montréal" otherwise that
suggestion would have worked fine.

whether or not you have entities in your source document is irrelevant
to XSL. If you want to write your stylesheet in latin 1 and use a latin
1 e-acute explictly that will match the character specified by the
entity in the source, both are just different syntax for the same
unicode character.

David