xsl-list

RE: doctype declaration and msxmldom

2003-06-20 10:14:24
Dan,

At 12:13 PM 6/20/2003, you wrote:
Thanks for all the responses, and you're right, the way I broached this
problem doesn't belong in this group, but I guess the jist of the question
was really - was the way I was trying to translate "é" acceptable or
not? and if there might be some other (better?) way of doing the
translation?

Yes, it is acceptable. Try to get MSXML to do the right thing before you give up on it. :->

For those of you who suggested the 'encoding="iso-8859-1"' the problem is
that I have "Montrél" in my XML NOT "Montréal" otherwise that
suggestion would have worked fine.

Yez... you didn't ask "how to I represent characters above lower ASCII" but how you get your entities to work.

Some of us think that entities are a good thing (even in non-validating contexts), and are happy to see them supported properly.

Cheers,
Wendell

    "Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
     the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
     extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau