xsl-list

Re: coping with huge xml-saxon

2003-06-18 03:11:16
I tried jd.bigxml ........
This is fantastic. I transformed a 600 Mg file in 3 minutes. WOW
Now I need to use the saxon extensions which i have been using sofar. Can i
just use them straight away with this transformers. I thought it will work
because the necessary information is there in Namespace declaration and
Classpath ..( saxon.jar). It isnt working though. I have
created an extension function in java that does writeToFile(). I will use
this only if I am sure I can not use the Saxon extensions with other
transformers.PLease advice anyone if there is anything I can do about this.
"To use Saxon extensions with other transformers ".
Thanks a lot Johannes again for the input.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johannes Döbler" <jd(_at_)aztecrider(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] coping with huge xml-saxon

600 MB will most probably kill every classic XSLT processor, since they
all
try to load the document into memory.
You can do the following:

Write a SAX-ContentHandler to transform your document

Use STX (Streaming Transformations: http://stx.sourceforge.net/) instead
of
XSLT

Try jd.bigxml (http://www.aztecrider.com/bigxml/): It is a XPath model
implementation for huge XML documents and can be used with the
XSLT Processor jd.xslt to transform such documents. If you give it at try
then please let me know whether it worked.

regards,
Johannes

Dear all,
I have a problem which i cant figure out how to get round. I have an XML
that is as big as 600 Mg and everything fails!!!
I am using saxon and running this under win2k Machine. It reports of
memory
out of stack and i tried increasing the memory to the JVM with the JVM
parameter and apparently we  can not increase the memory to more than a
certain limit.I would appreciate if someone can please let me know how we
can solve this
Thanks