xsl-list

Re: coping with huge xml-saxon

2003-06-16 09:01:15
600 MB will most probably kill every classic XSLT processor, since they all try to load the document into memory.
You can do the following:

Write a SAX-ContentHandler to transform your document

Use STX (Streaming Transformations: http://stx.sourceforge.net/) instead of XSLT

Try jd.bigxml (http://www.aztecrider.com/bigxml/): It is a XPath model implementation for huge XML documents and can be used with the XSLT Processor jd.xslt to transform such documents. If you give it at try then please let me know whether it worked.

regards,
Johannes

Dear all,
I have a problem which i cant figure out how to get round. I have an XML
that is as big as 600 Mg and everything fails!!!
I am using saxon and running this under win2k Machine. It reports of memory
out of stack and i tried increasing the memory to the JVM with the JVM
parameter and apparently we  can not increase the memory to more than a
certain limit.I would appreciate if someone can please let me know how we
can solve this
Thanks