xsl-list

RE: Re: Re: XSLT Architecture: Next Step

2003-07-04 08:57:19
On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 06:19, Claudio Russo wrote:
David,

I agree with you, which comes back to my first expression. Why don't keep
 XSLT for what it was created, presentation purposes (as Michael recalled
from the w3c sentence), and leave the process in the server level with more
specific elementary process programming under C, Java, Assy, compiled
language,
giving the necessary XML view for the XSLT.

Claudio, you can use XSLT just for presentation and live a long healthy
life. No one will mock you. Feel free.

However, I do so enjoy taking a semi-large document, running it through
an XSLT process to get a smaller sub-set of data then using it via DOM
in java. I think this is elegant way to keep the DOM small. There are
also a myriad of ways to use XSLT that don't tread on the Assembly,
Java, or C ground.

I think the world should just throw away hammers because if you take a
screw driver and use the butt end, you can hammer in nails if you try
really hard.

Cheers,
Rob

--