xsl-list

Re: xslt 2. index-of, nodes

2003-07-03 07:39:59
Dave,

Oh? It shouldn't fail -- you should be able to do:

  <xsl:for-each-group select="loc"
                      group-by="concat(@hl, '+', @side, '+', @pos)">
  </xsl:for-each-group>

I wasn't using the + as a separator. I don't see why that should
make a difference though?

I don't think it should in your example, assuming that side is always
'left' or 'right'. Can you put together a small example showing it not
working? (Of course it might be a Saxon bug.)

I would personally prefer something like:

  <xsl:for-each select="loc">
    <xsl:group by="@hl" />
    <xsl:group by="@side" />
    <xsl:group by="@pos" />
  </xsl:for-each>

but I've suggested it before and no one else seems to think it's worth
changing.

I'd go for that on readability grounds. None of the others are other
than ugly IMO.

No one else as in the WG?

I don't think I've brought it up since joining the WG. The WG rejected
the idea last time I brought it up on the public comments list and
from what I recall, no one else in the "public" made any comments in
support.

But probably I should put together a proper proposal rather than
moaning about it here :)

Cheers,

Jeni

---