xsl-list

RE: xsl:sort in old MSXML

2003-07-02 10:40:04
Why dream? Once I worked with a machine that had a Lisp processor in it.

Claudio.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendell Piez [mailto:wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]
Sent: Miércoles, 02 de Julio de 2003 01:23 p.m.
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML

At 10:07 AM 7/2/2003, Jim wrote:
well, yes.....I think that u may be thinking that xslt is somehow bounded
to html browsers....they are not, it just so happens that xslt is
supported in IE and Mozilla, which is great.

This is a good point. And the killer app I was talking about that
demonstrates the utility of client-side XML may be a true XML browser that
doesn't bother with HTML, instead targetting some niche -- financial
services, medical informatics, or some such (someplace there's money to
motivate the vendors) -- with a packaged solution strong enough to break
through the HTML haze, yet also generalized enough to be unpacked and used
for other applications too...

...I know. But one can dream...

Cheers,
Wendell