xsl-list

Re: Re: Re: Incrementing a Global variable

2003-08-29 02:25:53

--- Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
The ability to see where the boundaries are, and
how to break a problem
into the easy and tough parts for this peculiar
technology, are
higher-level skills that come only with
experience.

Nonetheless, I agree with others that the solution
is not to try to turn
the language into something else. That would only
make things worse.

I am deeply impressed with the fact that this is the
first time in three
years when someone in this group asks that XSLT be
radically changed (killed
actually), only due to his own lack of understanding
and inability to solve
even a simple problem.

Let's make it clear: XSLT is side-effects free by
definition. This is an
*axiom*.

Whoever does not agree with the axioms may just
select another
programming-language system. In this concrete case I
received an off-list
email suggesting that the OP forgets about XSLT and
uses FORTRAN.

Let's stop this thread -- we cannot turn Fortran
programmers into XSLT
programmers and they cannot turn us into Fortran
programmers.

Or shall we allow people, who refuse to do their
homework to continue to
consume precious bandwith? This thread has stopped
to contribute to the
goals of the xsl-list -- let's move to something
more interesting and
useful.

=====
Cheers,